Monday, June 20, 2011

Blue Lagoon Pops

Blue Lagoon Pops

Hi, Pam here from Sidewalk Shoes.  I know I rarely post here, but it’s because I normally have a bazillion gin and tonics a week and that’s just not exciting enough to post about.  But the good news is, I have a new addiction – frozen cocktails!  I found these from Pops! by Krystina Castella.

Unfortunately I didn’t have any Maraschino cherries so these don’t have the, what are probably glorious, vodka soaked cherries at the tip!  Believe me, the next ones will.  As a matter of fact, everything I make from now on will probably have vodka soaked cherries in them because I can think of no other ingredient that promises such happiness. 

Blue Lagoon Pops

  • Stemmed Maraschino Cherries (one per pop)
  • 4 tablespoons vodka
  • 2 tablespoons blue curacao
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 1/2 cups lemonade
  • 6 drops blue food coloring (I didn’t use)

Combine the cherries and vodka in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.

In a pitcher combine the rest of the ingredients.

Drop a cherry into the bottom of each mold.  Pour the curacao mixture in the molds (leaving room for expansion – about 1/4 inch), insert the sticks and freeze for at least 12 hours. 

Remove from the freezer and let sit for 5 minutes before removing from the molds.

**Makes 24 two-ounce ice cube-tray pops, six 8-ounce pops, or eight 6-ounce pops.

6 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Frozen cocktails. Brilliant!!
I love the colour, they are definitely the perfect way to beat the heat.
I have that book too, (thanks to Kim!) I should definitely break it out again this season.

girlichef said...

Oh my gosh, SO COOL! I want grown-up popsicles!

MM said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this!

A Year on the Grill said...

followed you over here from your blog... WHOOP DE DOO!!!

Can't beat fun on a stick!

OK, one question... I want to have that visual of a cheery in the tip... doesn't the vodka keep that part from freezing solid???

Gonna have to hunt this book down now

Kim said...

Pam has stole my heart with this one. I love the color of the pops, and the ingredients, as well as all the flavors. These look like they would be a great coping mechanism for those long days with the children..lol.

Pierce said...

Wow...Pam, way to go to beat the summer heat! I agree with Natashya - brillant. I wouldn't have thought that would freeze but, cool :-)